Lighting the way to superior care
West-Com’s patented i-Dome®† was specifically designed to drastically improve patient care by providing a more effective alert system. It meets all HIPAA regulations and ensures complete patient privacy while providing critical information and alerts to the appropriate staff in just a single glance.
Through its interface with the nurse call system, patient bed and wireless devices, the i-Dome® can be programmed to alert staff to a variety of urgent conditions and patient needs such as pain management, documentation and reassessment checks, as well as identifying “at-risk” patients to reduce the number of patient falls. Staff can activate timers to visually remind them when it is time to reassess a patient’s medication and can be instantly alerted when there is a change in a patient’s bed status
The i-Dome has a clear LED light and three configurable Sealed Membrane Active Raised Tactile, SMART™ switches, which can display a vast assortment of colors in a customizable array of light assignments. These switches can be customized to suit your facility’s needs and are easy to operate and clean and are infection-control-friendly. The i-Dome® operates independently and can function alongside any existing nurse call system providing hospital environments with a simple, yet powerful way to improve patient care.
†West-Com Patented Innovations
- Multiple LED indicator light color options: red, green, blue, violet, yellow and turquoise
- Supports multiple states and can cycle between colors to show multiple status levels
- Can be configured to display patient or room status
- Indicates status from other devices such as beds
- Entirely stand-alone (not dependent upon a nurse call system)
- Fully customizable web interface
- IP-based system running on CAT-5e cable
This product is protected by one or more of the following U.S. Patents: 8,009,021, 7,994,900, D614,520